UPDATE: Colyton burglar took precious family heirlooms
Man claimed to be looking for gardening work before stealing jewellery from home
JEWELLERY with great sentimental value was stolen in last week’s burglary at Colyton, The Herald understands.
Police have revealed that the owners of the property in Coly Road were visited by a man, on Wednesday, who was looking for gardening work.
Now this newspaper has been told that the man returned later and forced his way into the home through the back door, while the occupants were out, and took precious family heirlooms.
Officers want to know if other residents in the area had a similar visit by someone looking for gardening work.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call them on 08452 777 444 and quote crime reference KN/11/25.
- 1 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 Property of the Week: The Manse, Seaton
- 4 British Legion branch appeals for help to avoid closure
- 5 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 6 Time to remember work of the NHS - and a way you can help locally
- 7 Police performed largest security operation in the force’s history
- 8 Council takes pride in flag outside headquarters
- 9 Gallery initiatives invite us to talk about climate through outstanding art
- 10 Summer progress at Exeter City