UPDATE: Colyton burglar took precious family heirlooms
Man claimed to be looking for gardening work before stealing jewellery from home
JEWELLERY with great sentimental value was stolen in last week’s burglary at Colyton, The Herald understands.
Police have revealed that the owners of the property in Coly Road were visited by a man, on Wednesday, who was looking for gardening work.
Now this newspaper has been told that the man returned later and forced his way into the home through the back door, while the occupants were out, and took precious family heirlooms.
Officers want to know if other residents in the area had a similar visit by someone looking for gardening work.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call them on 08452 777 444 and quote crime reference KN/11/25.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 3 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 9 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure