UPDATE: Fatal collision - Colyton man released on bail
Dead Seaton driver expected to be named soon
A 52 year old Colyton man arrested in connection with the fatal road traffic collision has been released on police bail, until April 23, pending further police investigations.
A Seaton man in his 60s, driving a Renault Megane, died in the accident which happened at around 10.45am on Monday, on the A3052 at Hangman’s Stone. He has not yet been named.
The driver of the other vehicle, an Audi R8, suffered only minor injuries. He was subsequently arrested and held in custody.
Police collision investigators are keen to hear from any witnesses who were travelling on the A3052 prior to the collision and may have seen the distinctive red Audi R8 Coupe or any other vehicle which may have been involved to contact them to contact them on 101 quoting police reference 387 300112.
You may also want to watch:
Revisit this website for further updates.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 9 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes