UPDATE: Fatality confirmed in A30 crash
18-year-old female from the Honiton area is tragically killed in car smash. Next of kin informed.
Police have confirmed that the female driver of a Renault Clio died at the scene of an accident on the A30 near Honiton this morning (Wednesday).
The dead girl was from the Honiton area, Devon and Cornwall Constabulary has said in a statement.
She died as a result of the injuries she sustained, said a spokesman.
“The female driver of the Astra and the male driver of the LGV were checked out by ambulance staff and were unharmed,” said the spokesman.
The road remains closed at this time to allow collision investigators to continue their enquiries.
See previous reports on this website.
- 1 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 2 Upheaval at Honiton Town Council as six members walk out of meeting and resign
- 3 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'
- 4 Sophie sacrifices waist-length hair for charity
- 5 Chris reminisces on his earliest memories from the 1980s
- 6 Met office weather warning for fog TONIGHT
- 7 Four Devon locations make 'worst places to live' list for 2022
- 8 Missing 21 year old from Honiton FOUND
- 9 Property of the Week: Thorn Cottage, Stockland
- 10 Looking back on local football in the Devon & Exeter League