UPDATE: Police find Tyler’s bike
‘Pride and joy’ stolen from rear of Honiton Youth Centre.
A BMX bike, described as a teenager’s “pride and joy”, has been reunited with its owner - thanks to police.
Tyler Morrell, 17, left the white FitBike TRL 3 outside Honiton Youth Centre last Saturday while he attended an event in Exeter.
It was gone when he returned.
As Tyler made an appeal for the bike to be returned, a police officer spotted it in a hedge and took it to Honiton Police Station.
You may also want to watch:
“I was in a mad rush to get to the mini bus and, unfortunately, didn’t have time to lock my bike up,” Tyler told the Midweek Herald.
“When I returned later in the evening, my bike had gone. I was very upset!”
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 6 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
He added: “My bike isn’t just a bike to me. When I bought it, it was in a state and I rebuilt it to perfection.
“It is my pride and joy.”