UPDATE: Police find Tyler’s bike
‘Pride and joy’ stolen from rear of Honiton Youth Centre.
A BMX bike, described as a teenager’s “pride and joy”, has been reunited with its owner - thanks to police.
Tyler Morrell, 17, left the white FitBike TRL 3 outside Honiton Youth Centre last Saturday while he attended an event in Exeter.
It was gone when he returned.
As Tyler made an appeal for the bike to be returned, a police officer spotted it in a hedge and took it to Honiton Police Station.
You may also want to watch:
“I was in a mad rush to get to the mini bus and, unfortunately, didn’t have time to lock my bike up,” Tyler told the Midweek Herald.
“When I returned later in the evening, my bike had gone. I was very upset!”
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 4 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 7 Local Football Results
- 8 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 9 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 10 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
He added: “My bike isn’t just a bike to me. When I bought it, it was in a state and I rebuilt it to perfection.
“It is my pride and joy.”