UPDATE: Postmortem reveals horse was shot
Two gunshot wounds confirmed.
Police investigating the death of a horse on the Devon and Somerset border say postmortem results have concluded it was shot twice.
One of the gunshot wounds was to the horse’s neck.
The horse was found dead in a field off Honiton Road, Churchinford, earlier this week.
Police have told the Midweek Herald it had suffered serious wounds. Initial reports suggested the animal may have been stabbed.
You may also want to watch:
The attack is believed to have happened sometime between Sunday, July 17, and Monday, July 18.
Police are working with the RSPCA and are appealing for information from anyone who may have seen something suspicious in the vicinity of Honiton Road at around the time of the attack.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring