UPDATE: Residents want armed raiders caught
Wave of sympathy and concern for victims.
HONITON residents want armed raiders, who left a man and woman in hospital after confronting them in their own home, caught as quickly as possible.
They are concerned for the well-being of the victims and wish them a speedy recovery.
Honitonian Annmarie Waller said: “It is disgusting that you can’t feel safe in your own home these days.
“I hope the culprits get caught and I hope the couple this happened to make a speedy recovery.”
You may also want to watch:
Julie Phillips, who lives in nearby Whitebridges, said: “What is society coming to?
“Years ago, you could leave your door open and no one would enter your home.
- 1 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 2 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 5 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 6 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 7 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 8 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 9 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 10 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
“It’s scary to think this is just up the road from us.
“I hope the people concerned recover soon and the low lives who did this get caught and jailed.”
See previous stories on this website for more details about last night’s incident.
Update to follow. Police statement expected shortly.