UPDATE: Residents want armed raiders caught
Wave of sympathy and concern for victims.
HONITON residents want armed raiders, who left a man and woman in hospital after confronting them in their own home, caught as quickly as possible.
They are concerned for the well-being of the victims and wish them a speedy recovery.
Honitonian Annmarie Waller said: “It is disgusting that you can’t feel safe in your own home these days.
“I hope the culprits get caught and I hope the couple this happened to make a speedy recovery.”
You may also want to watch:
Julie Phillips, who lives in nearby Whitebridges, said: “What is society coming to?
“Years ago, you could leave your door open and no one would enter your home.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
“It’s scary to think this is just up the road from us.
“I hope the people concerned recover soon and the low lives who did this get caught and jailed.”
See previous stories on this website for more details about last night’s incident.
Update to follow. Police statement expected shortly.