UPDATE: Second appeal for witnesses to fatal crash
Police say drivers and their passengers are key to the accident investigation.
Officers investigating a fatal collision on the A30 at Yard Cross, near Monkton, yesterday (Wednesday) have made a further appeal for witnesses to come forward.
An 18-year-old local girl died at the scene and the investigation into the cause of the crash is continuing.
A police spokesman said: “We are aware that a number of vehicles were travelling along the A30 towards Honiton from the direction of the Devon and Somerset border at the time of the collision, 9.26am.
“These vehicles were travelling directly behind a Renault Clio when it was involved in the collision with a goods vehicle travelling in the opposite direction away from Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
“The drivers and passengers within these vehicles are key to the investigation and police would like to hear from these drivers and passengers, or anyone else, who may be able to assist with this enquiry.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the police on 08452 777444 quoting police reference 219 250810.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Government scraps house building quota in East Devon