UPDATE: Second appeal for witnesses to fatal crash
Police say drivers and their passengers are key to the accident investigation.
Officers investigating a fatal collision on the A30 at Yard Cross, near Monkton, yesterday (Wednesday) have made a further appeal for witnesses to come forward.
An 18-year-old local girl died at the scene and the investigation into the cause of the crash is continuing.
A police spokesman said: “We are aware that a number of vehicles were travelling along the A30 towards Honiton from the direction of the Devon and Somerset border at the time of the collision, 9.26am.
“These vehicles were travelling directly behind a Renault Clio when it was involved in the collision with a goods vehicle travelling in the opposite direction away from Honiton.
You may also want to watch:
“The drivers and passengers within these vehicles are key to the investigation and police would like to hear from these drivers and passengers, or anyone else, who may be able to assist with this enquiry.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the police on 08452 777444 quoting police reference 219 250810.
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Dark day for Millwey Rise
- 4 Cafe boss bounces back after adapting to impact of virus
- 5 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
- 6 Community group invites people to volunteers fayre
- 7 Benefit cheat 'too disabled to move' filmed shopping in Axminster
- 8 Flying start for the Axminster Tigers
- 9 Lottery millionaire helps support big beach clean-up
- 10 Property of the Week: Combpyne Road, Musbury, Axminster