Update: South West Trains plan normal service for Friday
- Credit: Archant
All rail lines have now reopened at Vauxhall, following a fire
South West Trains have said passengers should continue to check before travelling, following the fire which closed several lines on the network during Thursday, May 5.
In a statement on its website, South West Trains said: “Following the fire at Vauxhall earlier today which affected trains, all lines have now reopened. Engineers have been at Vauxhall all day and managed to repair the damage to the cables.
“Trains will continue to be affected until the end of service today and we are going to run a normal train service tomorrow Friday, May 6.
“Please continue to check before you travel with us during the evening as we will be running a limited service and use alternative transport where available.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets valid for travel today (May 5) will now also be valid for travel tomorrow (May 6).
“Please continue to check before you travel as we may deviate slightly from the train plan at some locations where we have trains and crew available to run a service.”
For more information, visit www.southwesttrains.co.uk
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust