UPDATE: West Dorset beach death boy named
Family left shocked and devastated by his tragic loss
THE teenager found dead on a West Dorset beach has been named as James Thorner.
The 16-year-old’s body was spotted on Hive Beach, at Burton Bradstock on Monday, by cliff walkers.
Lyme lifeboat was amongst emergency service called to help but the youngster was declared dead at the scene by medics.
Police say there are no suspicious circumstances.
You may also want to watch:
James, who lived in Burton, was a sixth form pupil at Beaminster School.
His family and friends are said to be devastated at his tragic loss.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
James’s dad Clive runs CT Motorcycles in Bridport, and his mother Samantha works at Mountjoy Special School.