UPDATE: Young female in hospital after A35 collision
Scooter rider not thought to be seriously injured.
A YOUNG woman has been taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital after the scooter she was riding was involved in a collision with a car in Kings Road, Honiton, this morning (Thursday).
The collision occurred at around 8.05am, during the morning rush hour, at the junction with Pink Park Road and the A35.
Pc Ian Atyeo, neighbourhood beat manager for the town, told The Midweek Herald that the female’s injuries were not thought to be serious.
He said the scooter rider was travelling on the A35 into Honiton from the direction of Offwell when the moped was in collision with a car, which turned out of Pine Park Road to head right towards Axminster.
You may also want to watch:
A police officer came across the crash scene as reports of the collision reached emergency services.
Commuters, who passed the badly damaged moped and feared the worst, have expressed their relief that its rider is not seriously injured.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 8 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 9 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 10 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity