UPDATE: Young female in hospital after A35 collision
Scooter rider not thought to be seriously injured.
A YOUNG woman has been taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital after the scooter she was riding was involved in a collision with a car in Kings Road, Honiton, this morning (Thursday).
The collision occurred at around 8.05am, during the morning rush hour, at the junction with Pink Park Road and the A35.
Pc Ian Atyeo, neighbourhood beat manager for the town, told The Midweek Herald that the female’s injuries were not thought to be serious.
He said the scooter rider was travelling on the A35 into Honiton from the direction of Offwell when the moped was in collision with a car, which turned out of Pine Park Road to head right towards Axminster.
You may also want to watch:
A police officer came across the crash scene as reports of the collision reached emergency services.
Commuters, who passed the badly damaged moped and feared the worst, have expressed their relief that its rider is not seriously injured.
- 1 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 2 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 5 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 6 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 7 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 10 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future