UPDATE: Young female in hospital after A35 collision
Scooter rider not thought to be seriously injured.
A YOUNG woman has been taken to the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital after the scooter she was riding was involved in a collision with a car in Kings Road, Honiton, this morning (Thursday).
The collision occurred at around 8.05am, during the morning rush hour, at the junction with Pink Park Road and the A35.
Pc Ian Atyeo, neighbourhood beat manager for the town, told The Midweek Herald that the female’s injuries were not thought to be serious.
He said the scooter rider was travelling on the A35 into Honiton from the direction of Offwell when the moped was in collision with a car, which turned out of Pine Park Road to head right towards Axminster.
You may also want to watch:
A police officer came across the crash scene as reports of the collision reached emergency services.
Commuters, who passed the badly damaged moped and feared the worst, have expressed their relief that its rider is not seriously injured.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 6 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 7 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 8 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer