Uplyme gets into the Olympic spirit
British triple jumper Larry Achike helps inspire the next generation of Olympians.
A British triple jumper helped pupils at Mrs Ethelstons Church of England Primary School in Uplyme get into the spirit of the Olympics.
Olympian Larry Achike visited the school as part of visit by charity Team Super Schools and demonstrated his triple jumping skills to inspire the next generation of athletes.
Pupils were given the opportunity to have their pictures taken with the British Olympian and were put through their paces during a circuit of events.
The PE co-ordinator at Mrs Ethelstons’, Sarah Lowe, said: “The children loved it. They got lots of inspiration to practise their own events.”
You may also want to watch:
The event helped raise money for Team Super Schools and the primary school itself, and will be used to purchase new equipment.
Pupils at the school are currently learning about the Olympics ready for the London 2012 games.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery