Uplyme house badly damaged by fire

PUBLISHED: 10:09 10 April 2017 | UPDATED: 10:23 10 April 2017

Axminster fire engine

Axminster fire engine

Archant

Twelve fire appliances called to tackle early hours blaze in Lyme Road

Twelve fire appliance were called to a major property blaze in Lyme Road, Uplyme in the early hours of yesterday (Sunday, April 9)

Crews from Lyme Regis, Axminster, Seaton and Colyton arrived to find the porch and roof of the three storey house well alight.

Eight breathing apparatus, three hose reel jets and two main jets were used to extinguish the fire, along with ladders and small tools. Fire crews from Sidmouth and Ilminster stations later spent several hours dampening down hotspots and maintaining a watch on the property to ensure no further hotspots developed.

There was approximately 50 per cent water damage to the ground floor of the property, 50 per cent fire and smoke damage to the first floor and 50 per cent fire and smoke damage to the second floor.

The cause of the fire was found to be accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Midweek Herald