Uplyme house badly damaged by fire
- Credit: Archant
Twelve fire appliances called to tackle early hours blaze in Lyme Road
Twelve fire appliance were called to a major property blaze in Lyme Road, Uplyme in the early hours of yesterday (Sunday, April 9)
Crews from Lyme Regis, Axminster, Seaton and Colyton arrived to find the porch and roof of the three storey house well alight.
Eight breathing apparatus, three hose reel jets and two main jets were used to extinguish the fire, along with ladders and small tools. Fire crews from Sidmouth and Ilminster stations later spent several hours dampening down hotspots and maintaining a watch on the property to ensure no further hotspots developed.
There was approximately 50 per cent water damage to the ground floor of the property, 50 per cent fire and smoke damage to the first floor and 50 per cent fire and smoke damage to the second floor.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was found to be accidental.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners