Fire at house in Uplyme

PUBLISHED: 08:42 09 October 2019 | UPDATED: 08:42 09 October 2019

Fire engine

Fire engine

Archant

Firefighters were called to a house in Uplyme yesterday evening (Tuesday, October 8) after the occupants reported a burning smell in the loft area.

Crews from Lyme Regis and Charmouth attended at around 6pm and found the smoke was coming from an electrical shower unit on the first floor of the two-storey house.

They set to work isolating the electrics, which extinguished the fire, before checking the shower unit and surrounding area with thermal imaging equipment and small tools.

They also checked and confirmed that no fire had spread to the loft space, before making the area safe and handing duty of care over to the occupants.

The cause of the fire was accidental, damage was confined to the shower unit only and there were no casualties.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Midweek Herald