Uplyme Morris Men help wake up the apple trees
Wassailers put on a rousing performance
UPLYME Morris Men put on a rousing performance to wake up winter’s slumbering orchards.
They were at Lyme Regis Museum for the annual wassailing celebrations
Around 50 enthusiasts joined in the fun of waking up the apple trees with loud music and singing, led by Adrian Pearson, Ian Thompson and Helen Case.
A toast for a good apple harvest was followed by traditional Morris music and dancing outside.
You may also want to watch:
Uplyme Morris were making a rare winter outing, but even rarer – because there are no women in this Morris side – was their invitation to Helen Case to join in with their resident musicians Ian Thompson and Jim Purvis for the evening.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax