Upottery pupils preparing to run for good causes
- Credit: Archant
Parents are also being invited to participate in a Race for Life run taking place tomorrow (Thursday).
Parents of pupils at Upottery Primary School are being invited to participate in a Race for Life run taking place tomorrow (Thursday).
The event, in aid of Cancer Research UK, is taking place from 1.45pm to 3pm.
Jason Edge, headteacher, said the run was organised after the school was approached by a parent who lost a relative to cancer.
Speaking to the Herald, Mr Edge said: “This is a wonderful opportunity to raise funds for a fantastic cause.
You may also want to watch:
“The race will let the community take part in something that is not only healthy, but raises awareness of something that has affected us all.”
The school’s four classes will be running their race separately, and will have a placard showing who they are running in tribute to.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Mr Edge added: “The parents can come in and join the children on their run.
“We hope to see as many parents as possible.”
For those who can’t make the run, but would still like to donate, Upottery Primary has set up an online fundraising page to donate to.
Visit www.justgiving.com/upottery-primary-school for more information.