Fire crews called to rescue four people after A303 collision
- Credit: Archant
Fire appliances from Honiton, Chard and Illminster attended the two-vehicle collision at Upottery on Sunday (November 26).
Emergency services were called out after a two-vehicle collision on the A303 near Honiton on Sunday (November 26).
Fire Engines from Chard, Ilminster and Honiton were called out at around 4.30pm after reports of a collision between Upottery and the Devon border.
An ambulance was also called out.
According to Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue, five people were initially trapped in the vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the fire service said: “One casualty self rescued while four further casualties were released by fire service personnel using hydraulic cutting equipment and small tools.”
The four people were then taken to hospital.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations