URGENT NEWS FLASH: Do NOT send money to scam address
Crooks pretend to represent British Red Cross in wake of Japan tsunami
FRAUDSTERS are pretending to represent the British Red Cross in a bid to get Midweek Herald readers to part with their cash.
This week, The Midweek Herald has unwittingly published an appeal purporting to be in aid of the Japan tsunami relief effort.
We have subsequently discovered that the payment details published do not belong to the British Red Cross but fraudsters operating outside of the UK.
“This is part of a widespread fraudulent email campaign currently circulating,” said a spokesman for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
The British Red Cross IS collecting for the tsunami appeal. The correct details to make a payment are via redcross.org.uk/japantsunami or by phoning 08450 53 53 53.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 Local Football Results
- 7 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 8 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 9 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 10 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton