Valuation day fun for Children’s Hospice South West
Bring along your treasured items for valuation and meet expert Jethro Marles.
East Devon residents are invited to discover the true value and history of their treasured items during a charity valuation day.
Ashfords LLP is holding the event on Saturday, October 25, in aid of Children’s Hospice South West.
Expert Jethro Marles of ‘Flog it’ fame will be in attendance to provide free valuations of jewellery, silver, gold, watches and other treasured items.
It runs from 1.30pm to 4pm, in the drama studio of the Exeter Phoenix. There will be a £5 entrance fee, which will be donated to the charity. Entry is free for children.
You may also want to watch:
A team of trainee solicitors from Ashfords LLP have organised the event as part of Children’s Hospice South West’s fundraising challenge to use their business skills to grow a £50 start-up investment to as much as possible in three months. “
“We are thrilled that Jethro Marles has agreed to participate in this event and given us the opportunity to raise as much as possible to make a difference to local life-limited children,” said Laura England, one of the trainees “Almost everyone has an item at home about which they are curious and this event gives them the opportunity to find out what fantastic history lies behind their family heirlooms or how much their jewellery is really worth.”
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 5 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 10 Premier League contract for local footballer
There will also be a selection of second hand/vintage items available for sale from a Children’s Hospice South West stall on the day with all proceeds going to Children’s Hospice South West.
Katherine Willmott, another member of the Ashfords’ team, added: “Your family’s history can help us to build family memories…we hope to see you there,” said Katherine Willmott, another member of the Ashfords’ team. So why not come along and see what secrets your trinkets are hiding?”