Vandals hit houses in Feniton with blue paint
- Credit: Archant
Residents in Feniton have been targeted by mindless vandals, who spray-painted houses and vehicles.
Families woke up on Saturday, January 21, to find that their homes and vehicles had been daubed with paint.
This has left families facing sleepless nights and wondering if and when the vandals would strike again.
Sabrina Bristow, 36, of Silverton Rise, was woken at 7.30am to find blue graffiti on the front and back of her house.
She said the whole experience was ‘unsettling’ for her three young children, all aged 10 and under.
You may also want to watch:
Sabrina said: “It made me feel very uneasy. We all had trouble sleeping that night.”
Another family were also targeted with their house, car and work van sprayed with black and blue paint.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
The Hayridge Mews resident, who preferred to remain nameless, said: “For someone to have the cheek and nerve in full view of everyone in the estate is what I can’t get my head around.
“It’s an invasion of my personal space and privacy.”
Police said: “We are investigating criminal damage to a property in Silverton Rise, Feniton.
“Criminal damage was also reported at a property in Hayridge Mews.
“Offensive graffiti has been sprayed on the front door and two vehicles. The offender/s have also entered the back garden and damaged hanging baskets and flower pots.”
Police are appealing for witnesses and asking anyone with information to contact them via email@example.com or by telephone on 101 quoting CR/004879/17 for the Silverton Rise crime and CR/004881/17 for the Hayridge Mews incident.