Vandals wreck Honiton Bowling Club
HONITON Bowling Club was left to pick up the pieces – and a �1,500 bill – after vandals tore down its perimeter fencing.
HONITON Bowling Club was left to pick up the pieces - and a �1,500 bill - after vandals tore down its perimeter fencing.
Police are hunting those responsible after large sections of wooden panelling were ripped apart at around 9.15pm last Thursday.
Allan Nex, the club's green ranger and a member of its management committee, told the Herald: "Some of the fencing panels are totally missing and could be in the River Gissage.
"The amount of physical effort used to remove the panels must have been considerable.
"Vandalism has happened in the past at the club, but not to this extent.
"This is a significant happening."
- 1 New management team in place for the Honiton Hippos
- 2 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 3 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 4 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 6 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 7 50 years since Ugandan Asians were resettled in Honiton
- 8 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 9 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 10 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
Mr Nex said, although the club is insured, its excess is �500.
Pc Ian Atyeo said: "A member of the public, in a neighbouring property, heard the sounds of splintering wood and, on looking out of a first floor window, saw what he or she believed to be youths making off across the playing field towards the Gissage and Millers Way.
"At least one of these persons had a torch."
Anybody with information is urged to call police on 08452 777444.