Woman airlifted to hospital after suffering ‘life-threatening’ injuries in Honiton collision
- Credit: Archant
Police say the Old Chard Road is currently blocked in both directions.
A woman has been airlifted to hospital with potentially life-threatening injuries after a serious collision near Honiton.
The incident happened on Old Chard Road in Monkton, between Viney Lane and Northcote Hill.
A vehicle overturned in the collision, and police and paramedics rushed to the scene at 10.30am this morning (Friday).
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said: “One female is believed to have potentially life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“The air ambulance was on the scene and the woman has been taken to Derriford Hospital.
“The road has been closed whilst officers from Roads Policing work at the scene.”
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
Any witnesses are asked to contact police via email@example.com quoting log number 206 16/02/18.