Victoria Louise Tarr and Alick Robin Russell
Victoria Louise Tarr and Alick Robin Russell were married on Friday, February 26, in the tropical gardens of the Blue Water Hotel, Sri Lanka. It was a traditional Sri Lankan Buddhist ceremony, next to a beautiful, white sandy beach.
Victoria Louise Tarr and Alick Robin Russell were married on Friday, February 26, in the tropical gardens of the Blue Water Hotel, Sri Lanka.
It was a traditional Sri Lankan Buddhist ceremony, next to a beautiful, white sandy beach.
At sunset the couple tucked into a five course a la carte dinner on the beach, with their own private waiter, and were joined by a local herd of cows apparently going for an evening stroll along the shore!
After marrying, Vicki and Alick spent a further two weeks back-packing around Sri Lanka. They climbed a mountain ('Adam's Peak'), went on Safari at Yala National Park, went Blue Whale watching off the south coast and saw a giant Green Turtle laying her eggs on the beach.
You may also want to watch:
Only the bride and groom were present at the ceremony but a big party is being held to celebrate with family and friends at Woodbury Park in April.
Alick is a keen golfer and the couple first met in 2001 at Sidmouth Golf Club where Vicki worked behind the bar. They have been together for nine years and have lived together at Manstone Avenue, Sidmouth, for over five years. They are both keen sports people and between them play hockey, netball and squash for the town. Vicki is a graphic designer working for 'Acanthus' and Alick runs his own land survey company Blackdown Surveys.
- 1 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 2 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 3 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 4 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 5 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 6 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 7 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 8 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 9 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 10 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
The bride's parents are Derek and Lucinda Tarr of Yardelands, Sidmouth. The groom's parents are Verity Russell of Malvern Road, Sidmouth and John Russell of Cury, Cornwall.
Alick has a younger brother and sister, Guy and Rosie Russell, both of Sidmouth. Rosie's partner is Goronwy Thom of 'Variety by the Sea' fame.
Vicki has an older brother, Simon Tarr, of Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire. He is married to Wendy Tarr and they have two children, Freya and Heidi.