Victory for Honiton campaigners
THE campaigning chairman of a Honiton residents’ association says he is glad East Devon District Council has put the brakes on plans for a new community centre.
Ken Sherman, of Northcote Lane, led calls for a town poll and was disgusted when Honiton Town Council decided to proceed with the plan despite an overwhelming ‘no’ vote.
“I’m pleased that they put the brakes on this altogether,” he told the Midweek Herald.
“The town council should now sit down with Honiton Community Centre Association and start fundraising to purchase a site in a more central and suitable location.
“I am quite pleased at this outcome. It is what I was looking for.
You may also want to watch:
“They (Honiton Town Council) tried to do it quick, cheap and easy and it didn’t work.”
- 1 New independent store opens in town's high street
- 2 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 3 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 4 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 5 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 6 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 7 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 8 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 9 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 10 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink