Victory for Honiton campaigners
THE campaigning chairman of a Honiton residents’ association says he is glad East Devon District Council has put the brakes on plans for a new community centre.
Ken Sherman, of Northcote Lane, led calls for a town poll and was disgusted when Honiton Town Council decided to proceed with the plan despite an overwhelming ‘no’ vote.
“I’m pleased that they put the brakes on this altogether,” he told the Midweek Herald.
“The town council should now sit down with Honiton Community Centre Association and start fundraising to purchase a site in a more central and suitable location.
“I am quite pleased at this outcome. It is what I was looking for.
“They (Honiton Town Council) tried to do it quick, cheap and easy and it didn’t work.”
- 1 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 6 Charity golf circus on the Honiton greens
- 7 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 8 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 There are troubling consequences for all of us in this real life satire