VIDEO: Our Katy’s on the right track
Reporter takes to the controls of a tram in Seaton.
SEATON TRAMWAY was packed with passengers as it hosted a very special open day.
Guests, including local business representatives, accommodation providers, staff from Tourist Information Centres and Midweek Herald reporter Katy Griffin were treated to a fun-filled day on the trams.
The trip began with a pleasant ride along the Axe Estuary, taking in the stunning views of the surrounding countryside and its inhabiting wildlife before arriving at Colyton Station.
The highlight of the day was the driver’s eye experience where guests, including Katy, were given the chance to take to the controls and drive one of the trams under the watchful eye of operations manager James Hammett.
“It was definitely a unique experience and something I would love to do again, but I don’t think I will be giving up the day job just yet.,” said Katy. On the trip back, we enjoyed a tour of the tramway’s depot with project manager John Jeffrey’s, where we were given a behind the scenes look at its impressive fleet of 15 trams.”
Sue Bowman, from Seaton Tramway, said: “The day was to make people aware of the area and what we have here at the tramway.”
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 3 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 4 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 7 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 8 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 9 Vanity Fair play to be performed at the Beehive
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
Preparations are already under way for a busy Easter and summer season, with a packed programme of events planned for visitors.
Sue added: “We had a good season last year and we are hoping to do it all over again.”
For more information call Seaton Tramway (01297) 20375 or visit www.tram.co.uk