Village Post Office’s future secured
- Credit: Archant
New owners found for Hurfords Stores at Kilmington
The future of Kilmington’s village stores and post office has been secured.
Long time owner David Lavender’s three year bid to find someone to take over the business has ended in success.
Recently he handed over the keys to Hurfords Stores to Hampshire couple Terry and Kim Rhodes.
They pledged to continue the tradition of managing an independent store with the post office, relying on good support from the community.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lavender said he could now retire in the knowledge that these important amenities remain in the village.
Meanwhile Mr and Mrs Rhodes say they are most grateful for the warm welcome they have received from local residents.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 5 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers
And they thanked their customers for their patience over the busy holiday period when they were moving in and taking over the business.