Village’s four-year crime free record ended
- Credit: Archant
Police called to Northleigh for first time since September 2009 – after failed vehicle break-in.
Shocked villagers at Northleigh have experienced their first reported crime in nearly four years.
Some time between August 12 and 13 an attempt was made to break into two vehicles parked in Hillside.
But no entry was gained and nothing was taken.
Community beat manager PC Steve Speariett said it was the first reported crime in the village since September 2009.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Seaton Police on 101 quoting crime reference KN/13/356.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery