Visit to affordable housing site, Axminster
REPRESENTATIVES from East Devon District Council and one of the UK s leading housing associations will be visiting Axminster next week.
REPRESENTATIVES from East Devon District Council and one of the UK's leading housing associations will be visiting Axminster next week.
EDDC's portfolio holder communities, councillor Jill Elson, and senior development manager at Sanctuary Shaftestbury, Vernea Womersley, will be attending the site a new affordable housing development at Bonners Glenn, Monday, October 5, at 10am.
Social housing provider Sanctuary Shaftesbury will be working in partnership with EDDC to build eight new flats and four new houses in the area, with funding from the Homes and Communities Agency.
The new home swill be built to the Code for Sustainable Homes, ensuring that the properties are built in a way that minimise energy usage and makes them environmentally sound - and also more cost-effective to live in.
You may also want to watch:
All 12 homes will be made available to local people via nominations from EDDC.
- 1 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 2 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 5 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 6 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 7 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 8 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 9 Clyst Valley park is part of Exmouth to Exmoor national trail vision
- 10 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future