Visit to affordable housing site, Axminster
REPRESENTATIVES from East Devon District Council and one of the UK s leading housing associations will be visiting Axminster next week.
REPRESENTATIVES from East Devon District Council and one of the UK's leading housing associations will be visiting Axminster next week.
EDDC's portfolio holder communities, councillor Jill Elson, and senior development manager at Sanctuary Shaftestbury, Vernea Womersley, will be attending the site a new affordable housing development at Bonners Glenn, Monday, October 5, at 10am.
Social housing provider Sanctuary Shaftesbury will be working in partnership with EDDC to build eight new flats and four new houses in the area, with funding from the Homes and Communities Agency.
The new home swill be built to the Code for Sustainable Homes, ensuring that the properties are built in a way that minimise energy usage and makes them environmentally sound - and also more cost-effective to live in.
All 12 homes will be made available to local people via nominations from EDDC.
- 1 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 4 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 5 Charity golf circus on the Honiton greens
- 6 UPDATE: Missing woman found after police appeal
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 There are troubling consequences for all of us in this real life satire