Volcano ash disruption - not all passengers receive insurance pay-out
THE volcano ash disruption showed the problem with buying cheaper insurance policies, according to one provider
THE volcano ash disruption showed the problem with buying cheaper insurance policies, according to one provider.
Insurefor.com has warned consumers that buying insurance policies based purely on price could lead to costly losses when they come to make a claim.
It reports that many travelers were underinsured when planes were grounded and did not receive a pay out for their claims.
Antony Martin, managing director of insurefor.com said: "Part of the problem with the UK travel insurance industry was exposed in the past week as many of the cheaper policies didn't cover or only partially covered stranded travelers. "
You may also want to watch:
He said most policies are written for specified risks only and are not designed to cover 'all risks.'
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 4 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 5 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 6 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 7 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 8 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 9 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 10 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon