Volcano ash disruption - not all passengers receive insurance pay-out
THE volcano ash disruption showed the problem with buying cheaper insurance policies, according to one provider
THE volcano ash disruption showed the problem with buying cheaper insurance policies, according to one provider.
Insurefor.com has warned consumers that buying insurance policies based purely on price could lead to costly losses when they come to make a claim.
It reports that many travelers were underinsured when planes were grounded and did not receive a pay out for their claims.
Antony Martin, managing director of insurefor.com said: "Part of the problem with the UK travel insurance industry was exposed in the past week as many of the cheaper policies didn't cover or only partially covered stranded travelers. "
You may also want to watch:
He said most policies are written for specified risks only and are not designed to cover 'all risks.'
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 4 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 5 William conquers 200 books
- 6 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 7 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 8 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 9 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 10 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local