Volcano ash disruption - not all passengers receive insurance pay-out
THE volcano ash disruption showed the problem with buying cheaper insurance policies, according to one provider
THE volcano ash disruption showed the problem with buying cheaper insurance policies, according to one provider.
Insurefor.com has warned consumers that buying insurance policies based purely on price could lead to costly losses when they come to make a claim.
It reports that many travelers were underinsured when planes were grounded and did not receive a pay out for their claims.
Antony Martin, managing director of insurefor.com said: "Part of the problem with the UK travel insurance industry was exposed in the past week as many of the cheaper policies didn't cover or only partially covered stranded travelers. "
You may also want to watch:
He said most policies are written for specified risks only and are not designed to cover 'all risks.'
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 8 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 9 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 10 Premier League contract for local footballer