Volcano ash disruption - not all passengers receive insurance pay-out
THE volcano ash disruption showed the problem with buying cheaper insurance policies, according to one provider
THE volcano ash disruption showed the problem with buying cheaper insurance policies, according to one provider.
Insurefor.com has warned consumers that buying insurance policies based purely on price could lead to costly losses when they come to make a claim.
It reports that many travelers were underinsured when planes were grounded and did not receive a pay out for their claims.
Antony Martin, managing director of insurefor.com said: "Part of the problem with the UK travel insurance industry was exposed in the past week as many of the cheaper policies didn't cover or only partially covered stranded travelers. "
You may also want to watch:
He said most policies are written for specified risks only and are not designed to cover 'all risks.'
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope