Volunteers needed for first-ever Honiton Sausage and Cider Festival
- Credit: Archant
Ticket sales going well for the festival which will feature headliners The Wurzels.
With the first-ever Honiton Sausage and Cider Festival fastly approaching, local people and businesses are being sought to lend a helping hand.
Ticket sales for the festival, on May 3, are going well and the music line-up continues to grow with Diamondogz, Sweet Black Angels, Fools and Horses, Ollie Bowern and headliners The Wurzels all confirmed.
Organisers say trade stalls and food and drink stands are booking up nicely. There will be lots going on for all the family.
Funds raised will go to help Honiton-based charity Devon Freewheelers.
You may also want to watch:
The intention is for the festival to be a community event, and organisers of the festival are now putting a call out for local volunteers to help with the set up and marshalling of the event.
Anyone who helps will get free entry to the festival, but most of all they will have the chance to get involved and have some fun.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
Local businesses are invited to come forward to sponsor signage and band fees. Any contribution is welcome.
To get involved as a sponsor or helper, please call 0300 800 0105 between the hours of 10am and 2pm. For tickets or more information visit http://honitonfestival.org/