Volunteers wanted to check traffic speeds
Hemyock Parish Council is seeking volunteers to run a speed survey system in the village using the latest technology speed guns . Most of the village is covered by a 20mph limit whilst other areas within the parish remain covered by the maximum 30mph l
Hemyock Parish Council is seeking volunteers to run a speed survey system in the village using the latest technology 'speed guns'.
Most of the village is covered by a 20mph limit whilst other areas within the parish remain covered by the maximum 30mph limit.
But locals complain that "thoughtless" drivers continue to travel through the area at above the prescribed limits, bringing fear of accidents to concerned parents. Volunteers would receive training by Devon and Cornwall Constabulary and would work in pairs.
Parishioners who wish to volunteer should contact parish clerk Anne Kingston on (01823) 680918.
You may also want to watch:
Hemyock Parish Council
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery