Volunteers wanted to check traffic speeds
Hemyock Parish Council is seeking volunteers to run a speed survey system in the village using the latest technology speed guns . Most of the village is covered by a 20mph limit whilst other areas within the parish remain covered by the maximum 30mph l
Hemyock Parish Council is seeking volunteers to run a speed survey system in the village using the latest technology 'speed guns'.
Most of the village is covered by a 20mph limit whilst other areas within the parish remain covered by the maximum 30mph limit.
But locals complain that "thoughtless" drivers continue to travel through the area at above the prescribed limits, bringing fear of accidents to concerned parents. Volunteers would receive training by Devon and Cornwall Constabulary and would work in pairs.
Parishioners who wish to volunteer should contact parish clerk Anne Kingston on (01823) 680918.
You may also want to watch:
Hemyock Parish Council
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 6 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 9 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon