Volunteers wanted to check traffic speeds
Hemyock Parish Council is seeking volunteers to run a speed survey system in the village using the latest technology speed guns . Most of the village is covered by a 20mph limit whilst other areas within the parish remain covered by the maximum 30mph l
Hemyock Parish Council is seeking volunteers to run a speed survey system in the village using the latest technology 'speed guns'.
Most of the village is covered by a 20mph limit whilst other areas within the parish remain covered by the maximum 30mph limit.
But locals complain that "thoughtless" drivers continue to travel through the area at above the prescribed limits, bringing fear of accidents to concerned parents. Volunteers would receive training by Devon and Cornwall Constabulary and would work in pairs.
Parishioners who wish to volunteer should contact parish clerk Anne Kingston on (01823) 680918.
You may also want to watch:
Hemyock Parish Council
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 3 UK’s fastest hillclimb drivers heading to Honiton
- 4 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 5 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 6 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 7 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 8 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 9 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 10 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers