Volunteers wanted to check traffic speeds
Hemyock Parish Council is seeking volunteers to run a speed survey system in the village using the latest technology speed guns . Most of the village is covered by a 20mph limit whilst other areas within the parish remain covered by the maximum 30mph l
Hemyock Parish Council is seeking volunteers to run a speed survey system in the village using the latest technology 'speed guns'.
Most of the village is covered by a 20mph limit whilst other areas within the parish remain covered by the maximum 30mph limit.
But locals complain that "thoughtless" drivers continue to travel through the area at above the prescribed limits, bringing fear of accidents to concerned parents. Volunteers would receive training by Devon and Cornwall Constabulary and would work in pairs.
Parishioners who wish to volunteer should contact parish clerk Anne Kingston on (01823) 680918.
You may also want to watch:
Hemyock Parish Council
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 3 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 4 Have your say on future development of village
- 5 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 6 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 7 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 8 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 9 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 10 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching