Vote for your favourite artist
New exhibition at the Thelma Hulbert Gallery proves to be a hit with visitors.
Members of the public can get involved in a new exhibition in Honiton by voting for their favourite piece of art work. Visitors to the Thelma Hulbert Gallery (THG) in Dowell Street can cast their vote for the artist who should receive a �100 prize - donated by Honiton-based florist Haughty Culture.
The Open 2012 Equality and Endeavour Exhibition features work by both professional and amateur artists from the South West and includes paintings, sculptures, photographs and collages.
Angela Blackmore, the gallery’s curator said: “It gives the public a chance to have their say. Come and make a difference and vote for your favourite and get involved.”
The exhibition which launched on July 14 is already proving a hit with visitors and attracted 160 people last Saturday.
All the art work featured was judged by a panel made up of Zoe Li from Bath Arts Council, Tim Woolgar from Hybrid Gallery, Bronwen Gundry from Arts in the Blackdown Hills, THG curator Angela Blackmore, and art student and the gallery’s young person representative Lisa Broom.
There were just under 80 entries which had to be whittled down.
- 1 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 2 Aldi seeking approval for extension of former Coop site
- 3 Happy Hippos all set for Peninsula push
- 4 South West warning for drought issued
- 5 Kilmington driver admits injuring woman in Axminster crash
- 6 Outdoor fire in Lyme Regis
- 7 Honiton history: Four generations of the Hussey family auctions
- 8 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 9 Seaton ladies storm into semi-finals of Top Club competition
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
Angela Blackmore is pictured with the judges’ winning entry of Usain Bolt by Jane Perkins.
She added: “There is a real range of work from professional and amateur artists. It is one of those exhibitions that is open to anyone.”
The exhibition runs until September 8. The gallery is open Tuesday to Saturday from 10am to 5pm.