Waiting times 'reduced' at Honiton Post Office
WAITING times have been significantly reduced at Honiton Post Office, according to the town council. It released a statement today, outlining progress made since a multi-agency group first met with Post Office managers.
WAITING times have been significantly reduced at Honiton Post Office, according to the town council.
It released a statement on Monday, outlining progress made since a multi-agency group first met with Post Office managers.
Following the complaints about waits of up to 40 minutes being experienced by users at the end of last year, Honiton Town Council has been working with a number of partner agencies to look at how the problems were being addressed and to keep the situation under constant review.
The statement said: "At a meeting at the end of April with representatives from the Post Office, the town council and its partners were pleased to learn that waiting times have been significantly reduced due to an increase in staffing levels and new facilities being introduced such as the 'fast drop' counter.
You may also want to watch:
"The future plans for upgraded systems and the introduction of an ATM were particularly welcomed."
The group comprises members of the town, district and county councils, together with Consumer Focus, will be continuing to regularly monitor the situation and says it appreciates the steps that have been taken by the Post Office to overcome the difficulties that were being encountered.
- 1 Town group marks national u3a day in style
- 2 Time to remember work of the NHS - and a way you can help locally
- 3 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 4 Police performed largest security operation in the force’s history
- 5 Upottery off the mark with shock victory
- 6 Baker's son who became one of Nelson's naval commanders
- 7 College students hope to feel the force of public support
- 8 East Devon cricket round up
- 9 Sea, sky and coast are focus for artist's exhibition
- 10 Urgent clarity is needed on international travel
Devon county councillor Paul Diviani said: "Local solutions for local problems have always been a principle to pursue and when decisions appear so often to be taken outside of the locality; it is so good to see the opposite at work.
"I would like to congratulate Honiton Town Council for their initiative and the Post Office for responding so positively.