Waiting times 'reduced' at Honiton Post Office
WAITING times have been significantly reduced at Honiton Post Office, according to the town council. It released a statement today, outlining progress made since a multi-agency group first met with Post Office managers.
WAITING times have been significantly reduced at Honiton Post Office, according to the town council.
It released a statement on Monday, outlining progress made since a multi-agency group first met with Post Office managers.
Following the complaints about waits of up to 40 minutes being experienced by users at the end of last year, Honiton Town Council has been working with a number of partner agencies to look at how the problems were being addressed and to keep the situation under constant review.
The statement said: "At a meeting at the end of April with representatives from the Post Office, the town council and its partners were pleased to learn that waiting times have been significantly reduced due to an increase in staffing levels and new facilities being introduced such as the 'fast drop' counter.
You may also want to watch:
"The future plans for upgraded systems and the introduction of an ATM were particularly welcomed."
The group comprises members of the town, district and county councils, together with Consumer Focus, will be continuing to regularly monitor the situation and says it appreciates the steps that have been taken by the Post Office to overcome the difficulties that were being encountered.
- 1 Honiton councillor speaks out over racist graffiti on town pub
- 2 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 3 Closing of the rinks at Axminster Bowls
- 4 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 5 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 6 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 7 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 8 Honiton searching for a first win of the season
- 9 Devon and Exeter League Results
- 10 Tesco community fund helps initiative that reunites people
Devon county councillor Paul Diviani said: "Local solutions for local problems have always been a principle to pursue and when decisions appear so often to be taken outside of the locality; it is so good to see the opposite at work.
"I would like to congratulate Honiton Town Council for their initiative and the Post Office for responding so positively.