Supermarket aid for Seaton Memory Cafe
- Credit: Archant
Seaton group gets £450 thanks to shoppers
Seaton Memory Cafe has received a £450 donation from the Waitrose Community Matters Scheme.
A representative form the supermarket presented the cheque to organisers Yvonne Addington and Barry Powell last week.
The money will go towards the group’s on-going reminiscence programme, which can have a positive affect for members by helping them to maintain empowerment of their self worth.
If anyone would like any more information on how best to support people living with every day changes such to their short and long term memory, they can go along to the cafe which meets on the first Monday of the month at Seaton Methodist Church, Scalwell Lane, Seaton EX12 2ST, between 2pm and 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to help support Seaton in becoming a dementia friendly town should contact Yvonne Addington, a Dementia Champion who runs Dementia Friends workshops at Seaton, on 07827813776.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax