War-time food back on the menu in Honiton
But old-fashioned dishes are given a modern twist.
FOOD that kept the nation going during the Second World War was back on the menu in Honiton last night.
But there was nothing bland about the eggs and corned beef dished up to diners during a themed charity night.
Pensioner Mary Mead provided the inspiration for a menu that gave her award-winning chef grandson a chance to make people think twice about ration food.
Full story and more pictures in next week’s Midweek Herald.
You may also want to watch:
Share your war-time recipes below.
- 1 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 4 Property of the Week: The Manse, Seaton
- 5 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 6 Keeping in time with the rest of the country
- 7 British Legion branch appeals for help to avoid closure
- 8 Town group marks national u3a day in style
- 9 Summer has arrived at Honiton Golf Club
- 10 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes