War-time food back on the menu in Honiton
But old-fashioned dishes are given a modern twist.
FOOD that kept the nation going during the Second World War was back on the menu in Honiton last night.
But there was nothing bland about the eggs and corned beef dished up to diners during a themed charity night.
Pensioner Mary Mead provided the inspiration for a menu that gave her award-winning chef grandson a chance to make people think twice about ration food.
Full story and more pictures in next week’s Midweek Herald.
You may also want to watch:
Share your war-time recipes below.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 3 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 4 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 5 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 9 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 10 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'