Warm weather could cause more incidents in Honiton

PUBLISHED: 07:00 20 August 2016 | UPDATED: 09:08 26 August 2016

PCSO Steve Mingo.

PCSO Steve Mingo.

Archant

Almost 40 crimes were reported in Honiton in July and the beginning of August.

Speaking at a Honiton Town Council meeting, PCSO Steve Mingo said that between Monday, July 11, to Sunday, August 7, there were 36 recorded offences – two fewer for the same period last year.

The incidents included four public order offences, one arson and nine counts of criminal damage – four to vehicles and five to buildings. There were also four assaults resulting in actual bodily harm, one case of grievous bodily harm, two common assaults, one burglary of a dwelling and one burglary ‘other’.

The remaining incidents were one affray, one drunk and disorderly offence, one harassment without violence, two thefts ‘other’, one theft by employee and seven thefts from a shop.

Mr Mingo said: “With regards to the slight rise in criminal damage offences this month, while the warm weather continues, this is something we may see continue. Officers will continue efforts to deal with offenders where appropriate evidence is in place and increase patrols in affected areas.

“Two of this month’s incidents were dealt with by community resolution while another was dealt with by adult caution.

“Investigations are ongoing for three other offences.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald