Warm welcome awaits at Honiton Baptist Church
Devon County Council pays for central heating.
VISITORS to Honiton Baptist Church can be assured of a warm welcome - now that Devon County Council has stumped up the money for a central heating system.
The grant, paid from the council’s Investing in Communities fund, was celebrated last week.
Minister Ben Bendry showed off a plaque marking the cash gift, which was made possible due to the same of Exeter Airport.
A spokeswoman from Honiton Baptist Church said: “We would like to thank Devon County Council in investing in us.
“We are so very grateful. Our church is now warm and inviting.
“We would also like to thank Keith Southgate for his hard work in getting us grants.”
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 3 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 4 Special tree tribute to lost loved ones launched
- 5 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 6 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
- 7 Beer beat Bucks to reach the last eight
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Beer's three days of Christmas
- 10 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate