Warning after purse thefts, Honiton
THIEVES are stealing purses from handbags in Honiton. Police say two incidents were reported between noon and 2.30pm on Tuesday, September 8.
THIEVES are stealing purses from handbags in Honiton.
Police say two incidents were reported between noon and 2.30pm on Tuesday, September 8.
PCSO Sue Rowe is warning women not to leave handbags unattended.
"Carry your bag close to you, with the clasp facing inwards. Keep it zipped up and make sure your purse cannot be seen," she warned.
You may also want to watch:
Police are warning residents not to carry valuables or large amounts of cash on them.
The Honiton Neighbourhood Team has some Lanyards, a lead that has a clip each end (one clips onto your purse and the other end clips onto your bag) to give away.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 4 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 5 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 6 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 7 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
If you would like one, contact PCSO Darren England either on 08452777444 or via email@example.com