Warning issued over cash point fraudsters
Police report a rise in skimming offences at cash points.
Police in Honiton are urging members of the public across East Devon to be extra careful when using cash machines. The warning has been issued following an increase in skimming fraud offences in Honiton, Axminster and Sidmouth have been targeted by skimming fraudsters .
A police spokeswoman said: “These incidents occur mostly during the daytime at cash points at large supermarkets, however some smaller banks have been affected.
“Tesco or Waitrose Stores have been commonly targeted. Sidmouth, Honiton, Axminster and Tiverton have all been affected.
“‘Fake’ devices are placed over the machines to record bank details which can then be fraudulently used.”
You may also want to watch:
Police believe the suspects are foreign nationals and are described as being white.
Anyone who sees any suspicious activity near a cash point is urged to report it to the police and note down vehicle registrations of any vehicles being used.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre