Warning over dog fouling in Feniton
Action will be taken on residents and visitors flouting the rules regarding dog walking on Feniton’s playing fields, says the playing fields management committee.
The issue of dog fouling on the playing fields in Feniton is kicking up a stink in the village.
The management committee of the playing fields is now reminding residents and visitors to the village that exercising dogs is strictly forbidden on any part of the playing fields and action will be taken on those flouting the rules.
A spokesman said: “This area is used regularly by both Feniton Primary School and youth sports teams.
“Dog excrement is a real health hazard to children, as accidental contact with the eyes can result in a condition known as toxocariasis which can cause serious eye disease possibly leading to blindness.”
Anyone found exercising their dog on the playing fields will be reported to the appropriate authority.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 There are troubling consequences for all of us in this real life satire
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Village fundraisers are rewarded as new play park opens
- 5 Lions quick on the draw to maintain fundraising mission
- 6 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 7 Lord Lieutenant leads county charity’s 60th anniversary salute
- 8 7 cosiest pubs in East Devon
- 9 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 10 Lacemaker whose skills were admired by the Royal family