Washing machine catches alight at Shute

PUBLISHED: 16:27 03 July 2013 | UPDATED: 16:27 03 July 2013

Archant

Firefighters from three towns called to village blaze – but flames were out when they arrived.

Firefighters from three towns were called to tackle a blaze at Shute, near Axminster, today (Wednesday, July 3)

Crews from Axminster, Colyton and Honiton were scrambled after reports of a washing machine alight at a property in Smithers Pit Lane, at around 12.30pm

On arrival the fire was found to be out so the crews made a safety inspection of the washing machine and the area.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Most Read

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Most Read

Latest from the Midweek Herald