Washing machine thief gets clean away
Faulty appliance is stolen from outside Lyme home
A CHEEKY thief has stolen a washing machine left outside a Lyme Regis house for collection by a repair man.
The faulty appliance was taken from a garden path at King’s Way at around 12.30pm yesterday (Wednesday).
Its bemused owner watched as a man in a silver or white transit, with a child on board, loaded up the machine and drove off.
Community Beat Manager PC Richard Winward said they were keen to speak to anyone who saw the incident.
You may also want to watch:
“Perhaps the loser put Vanish in his last wash,” he added.
Anyone with information should call him on 01305 222222.
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 3 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 4 William conquers 200 books
- 5 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 6 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 7 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 8 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 9 Heatwave stops play at Axminster Bowls
- 10 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding