Waste Not Want Not success in Honiton
More than 500kg of unwanted items saved from landfill.
Bargain hunters turned out in force for a Waste Not Want Not event in Honiton which proved to be a great success.
A total of more than 500kg of homeware, garden equipment, furniture and other items were saved from landfill.
“I have worked very hard over the last few weeks to spread the word about this event, and these results just go to show how much can be re-used and recycled within the community,” says organiser Karen Berger.
“I would like to thank all those who did manage to come along on the day, and for the huge number of donations they brought with them.”
The next Waste Not Want Not events are to be held on September 22 and November 3.
Karen also thanked her team of volunteers for unpacking, sorting and display the goods.
- 1 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 2 Aldi seeking approval for extension of former Coop site
- 3 Happy Hippos all set for Peninsula push
- 4 South West warning for drought issued
- 5 Kilmington driver admits injuring woman in Axminster crash
- 6 Honiton history: Four generations of the Hussey family auctions
- 7 Outdoor fire in Lyme Regis
- 8 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 9 Seaton ladies storm into semi-finals of Top Club competition
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
The rest of the items not taken away on the day will be recycled or donated to charity shops.
A blue calculator and a set of large white bathroom scales belonging to volunteers were taken by accident on the day. If anyone has these items email Karen on email@example.com