Webster’s cash should have gone to cow
And volunteers could have helped, too
I write in response to your story regarding the messy cow, its drover, the flying carpet and seat which are in desperate need of restoration.
I find it quite remarkable that the district council and Axminster Town Council are not prepared to accept responsibility for the work.
With the time and effort already put in by Douglas Hull trying to find who is prepared to cover the cost. I would have thought the job could have been finished by now - if an appeal for local volunteers had been made, it might have done the trick.
Having recently seen that a significant donation was made from council funds towards the Webster’s project, and, let’s face it, Webster’s should be dealt with by the developer or owner of the site. The money allocated to that would have been far better spent cleaning up the cow and drover.
You may also want to watch:
Mr G I Buckland
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 How would you feel about giving up your car?