Well done, Tesco
Shopkeeper praises supermarket chain.
Mr Stephens, in his letter of November 23, is correct. I was in the early days, and still am, against the demolition of the youth centre, but recent conversations with Tesco reveal they have the same concerns and are willing to work with the town for its replacement (another Phoenix out of the ashes, just like our local charity).
As for the supermarket building, it reminds me of a seagull - a majestic and gracious bird of the seaside.
Some will dislike it, but I love the Tesco boulevard which is linked to the town. Fantastic.
Our shop has shown a positive from new customers attracted to town so, as I said previously, the public will vote with their feet and, by jove, they have.
You may also want to watch:
Well done to you all and Tesco.
I believe you have exceeded all expectations.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery