Well known Axminster woman dies
Marjorie Rowe - widow of former Lord of the Manor Frank Rowe - has passed away, aged 95
ONE of Axminster’s best-known citizens has died.
Marjorie Rowe, widow of the late Frank Rowe who was Lord of the manor, passed away at Dorset County Hospital in Dorchester on Monday. She was 95.
Mrs Rowe leaves three children – Rose Harvey, Pam Cridge and current Lord of the Manor Jim Rowe.
The funeral service takes place at Axminster Parish Church on Monday, November 21 at 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Read a full tribute to Mrs Rowe in next week’s Midweek Herald.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 4 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington