Wellington Carnival - Harlequin CC steals the show
Hour-long procession attracted thousands.
HARLEQUIN CC, of Ilminster, stole the show at Wellington Carnival – the traditional start of the illuminated carnival season in Somerset.
Two years after stealing hearts with a breath-taking entry based on The Lion King, the Ilminster-based club has done it again.
Geppetto’s Workshop was the highlight of the procession, receiving a rapturous welcome.
Costumes, music and a fantastic cart build combined to enthral young and old alike.
You may also want to watch:
After a freezing start to the day, warm sunshine into the early evening guaranteed a good crowd at this year’s spectacle.
For the fourth consecutive year, the Midweek Herald provided a marshalling team on behalf of Honiton and District Carnival.
- 1 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 4 Property of the Week: The Manse, Seaton
- 5 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 6 Keeping in time with the rest of the country
- 7 British Legion branch appeals for help to avoid closure
- 8 Town group marks national u3a day in style
- 9 Summer has arrived at Honiton Golf Club
- 10 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
Once again, we were on patrol in Rockwell Green – where crowds were good natured and kept well back from procession entries. We enjoyed our first experience of manning a road block - the crossroad at Pope Lane.
Carnival chairman Jo Chave pulled off another big night for Wellington, despite having just a small committee.
This tireless carnival volunteer deserves every praise for her continued, appreciated efforts.
Gemini CC, of Ilminster, was unable to make Wellington, but is expected to be on the road soon.
More from Wellington Carnival to follow.