Wellington Carnival - Harlequin CC steals the show
Hour-long procession attracted thousands.
HARLEQUIN CC, of Ilminster, stole the show at Wellington Carnival – the traditional start of the illuminated carnival season in Somerset.
Two years after stealing hearts with a breath-taking entry based on The Lion King, the Ilminster-based club has done it again.
Geppetto’s Workshop was the highlight of the procession, receiving a rapturous welcome.
Costumes, music and a fantastic cart build combined to enthral young and old alike.
You may also want to watch:
After a freezing start to the day, warm sunshine into the early evening guaranteed a good crowd at this year’s spectacle.
For the fourth consecutive year, the Midweek Herald provided a marshalling team on behalf of Honiton and District Carnival.
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Seaton Gateway opens after revamp
- 4 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 5 Killerton Christmas countdown
- 6 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 7 Dark day for Millwey Rise
- 8 Pink and blue on the Honiton greens
- 9 Hundreds of bikers rev up to raise funds for life savers
- 10 Lottery millionaire helps support big beach clean-up
Once again, we were on patrol in Rockwell Green – where crowds were good natured and kept well back from procession entries. We enjoyed our first experience of manning a road block - the crossroad at Pope Lane.
Carnival chairman Jo Chave pulled off another big night for Wellington, despite having just a small committee.
This tireless carnival volunteer deserves every praise for her continued, appreciated efforts.
Gemini CC, of Ilminster, was unable to make Wellington, but is expected to be on the road soon.
More from Wellington Carnival to follow.