West Dorset scheme on housing options
A NEW scheme has been launched to help people in West Dorset’s rural areas find out more about their housing options.
The district council has received Government cash to improve access to housing advice and residents can say whether they would benefit from an advice surgery or outreach work.
The money could be used to offer advice surgeries in Lyme Regis.
Rachael McCarthy, WDDC’s new rural housing advice officer, said: “I hope that my new role will benefit West Dorset’s rural communities and that residents will share my enthusiasm for developing a quick and easy to use housing service.”
Surgeries will be held to provide help and advice on preventing homelessness, about renting - whether privately or through a registered social landlord and assistance to homeowners having difficulty with mortgage payments or arrears, as well as other general housing advice and information.
You may also want to watch:
The council is also hoping to organise sessions at Lyme Net, St Michael’s Business Centre, Church Street, Lyme Regis from September.
To find out more about the surgeries near you, please contact the district council’s Rural Housing Advice Officer Rachael McCarthy on 01305 251010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 2 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 3 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 4 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 5 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 6 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 7 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 8 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 9 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 10 Clyst Valley park is part of Exmouth to Exmoor national trail vision