West Dorset scheme on housing options
A NEW scheme has been launched to help people in West Dorset’s rural areas find out more about their housing options.
The district council has received Government cash to improve access to housing advice and residents can say whether they would benefit from an advice surgery or outreach work.
The money could be used to offer advice surgeries in Lyme Regis.
Rachael McCarthy, WDDC’s new rural housing advice officer, said: “I hope that my new role will benefit West Dorset’s rural communities and that residents will share my enthusiasm for developing a quick and easy to use housing service.”
Surgeries will be held to provide help and advice on preventing homelessness, about renting - whether privately or through a registered social landlord and assistance to homeowners having difficulty with mortgage payments or arrears, as well as other general housing advice and information.
You may also want to watch:
The council is also hoping to organise sessions at Lyme Net, St Michael’s Business Centre, Church Street, Lyme Regis from September.
To find out more about the surgeries near you, please contact the district council’s Rural Housing Advice Officer Rachael McCarthy on 01305 251010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 3 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 4 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 5 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 6 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 8 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 9 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 10 Your chance to be crowned top artist