Wetherspoon exchanges contracts to buy Star Inn
License application goes to East Devon District Council.
Pub chain J D Wetherspoon says it has exchanged contracts to buy the former Star, in New Street.
Spokesman Eddie Gershon says the deal will be completed when Wetherspoon has secured a license to operate from the site.
Planning permission for extensive alterations and refurbishment of the pub has already been granted.
East Devon District Council is due to consider Wetherspoon’s license application this week.
You may also want to watch:
“I can confirm that Wetherspoon has exchanged on the property,” Mr Gershon told the Midweek Herald.
“However, it still has to complete the deal.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 6 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
“As yet, there is no opening date.”
Business leaders in Honiton have welcomed the pub chain’s interest in the Star Inn, saying Wetherspoon could revitalise an important part of Honiton’s town centre and attract a higher footfall to New Street.