What are you passionate about?
How about faith?
Not many people are aware - including us within the church - that this Sunday (the one between Mothering Sunday and Palm Sunday) is Passion Sunday.
That means it is the time when we start thinking about the last few hours of Jesus’ earthly life, from being betrayed to being nailed to the cross. This is the part of the Bible story we call The Passion.
But, of course, ‘passion’ has another meaning – one not used often with regards to church! People get passionate about football, rugby, lovers, even Star Trek, but how many people do we think of as being passionate about faith?
We should be, of course, because of all that Jesus went through to bring us back to God, the Passion of Christ should lead us on to being a passionate Church.
You may also want to watch:
I wonder how much the world would change if Christians really were passionate about faith?
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis