What are you passionate about?
How about faith?
Not many people are aware - including us within the church - that this Sunday (the one between Mothering Sunday and Palm Sunday) is Passion Sunday.
That means it is the time when we start thinking about the last few hours of Jesus’ earthly life, from being betrayed to being nailed to the cross. This is the part of the Bible story we call The Passion.
But, of course, ‘passion’ has another meaning – one not used often with regards to church! People get passionate about football, rugby, lovers, even Star Trek, but how many people do we think of as being passionate about faith?
We should be, of course, because of all that Jesus went through to bring us back to God, the Passion of Christ should lead us on to being a passionate Church.
You may also want to watch:
I wonder how much the world would change if Christians really were passionate about faith?
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism